Monday, August 29, 2011

Me and Murphy - Part 1

Ever heard of Murphy's law? I bet you haven't (if you have, its only if I have told you, because I keep telling EVERYBODY around me about it). Its a brilliant law by an equally brilliant engineer and works even more brilliantly, without any exceptions. And most brilliantly, it contains no weird mathematics involved.

Here it goes - "Anything that can go wrong, WILL"

Brilliant, isn't it? Well, what's even more brilliant is the way it ALWAYS comes true, no matter what. Sometimes I doubt whether my life has plenty of Murphy's law in it or Murphy's law has my life in it.

Its like a person meeting Frankenstien. You can like him. You can hate him. But you just cannot ignore him. (Besides, it is hard to ignore a green 7-feet-tall man with a square shaped face and who has 2 metallic rods protruding from either side of his head.)

Frankenstien aside, let us take a very brief look at how Murphy (a person whom I never met[Nor am I likely to meet. {In this world,that is. He is dead by now and is not very likely to perform another "Star Plus"* here}]) has shaped and changed my world. Or rather OUR world. (Its not just that Murphy has been affecting just me. The people around me, especially the close ones, have been [almost] equally affected by him).

To just give you a very brief glimpse, lets take a look at one "very" small incident that happened yesterday.
(Believe me, my stories get a lot more complicated , juicy and interesting. Its almost as if my whole life itself is a movie.[With everything pre-planned to give the maximum dramatic effect.] A Bollywood movie at that. That too, one in the 1970s#).


I had just got some library card from some library because I had participated in some science camp and all the participants got one library card each. So I took it home, opened the envelope and removed the library card from the paper it was stuck on using some kind of a white, tasteless (No. I did not taste it, but assumed so) and flavourless chewing gum (kind of substance). Eventually, I found myself playing with that chewing gum substance - Streching it, rolling it, etc, etc. And finally, (you guessed it right), the chewing gum got stuck on my hair!!!  Had to cut a strand of my hair to get it off :( Tried to cut just a little bit, but the scissors HAD TO cut off a "huge" chunk. Now I am left with a gaping hole right on a portion of my hair (which I am now trying to cover up by having awkwardly funny hair styles.)

Notice how a completely unrelated science camp led to hair loss? Thats just as outrageous as my life can get. Actually a lot less.

Anyways, I gtg. So will be updating more such snippets from "Me and Murphy" later on. (i.e. when my hand isn't bandaged ;) [another story already])

Till then, tckr.
See ya

The Original Soni
29th August 2011
_______________________________________________________
*Star Plus is a popular TV channel here, whose soaps, until recently(Note- recently as in last week), had been performing a zombie act in all of their shows. No matter how many times they died, the main character of the soap would always come back. (If you ask me, Ekta Kapoor should be given a Nobel prize in medicine for discovering immortality and another in Physics for discovering telepathy)

# Bolly movies of the old times have all been copied from the same Hollywood movie. Otherwise I don't see a reason on why every other movie should have exactly the same plot (Two brothers being separated, their father being killed by a villain, their mother raising one of them, the two brothers meeting each other in a twist and turn of events, they fight against each other, they re-unite, the villain (may or may not be successful) tries to kill the mother, the brothers come to know of the villain, their mother calls for revenge from the sons, the brothers kill the villain in some desolate temple with bells ringing and the lighting and thunder everywhere.) Although, to be fair, this was not the only story line then. Sometimes it was the mother, and sometimes the deity of the temple itself killing the villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment