Sunday, August 28, 2011

IIT-KGP and Science Camp

Okay. Here we are. Back again. Where we began. In the end. Of the beginning. Is it the end? Or is it the start? Or is the end gone? Or did it never begin? Questions are everywhere. Answers, just, somewhere. Solace nowhere. My life, anywhere. Welcome to my world. Welcome to all. To the riders of death. And to the poets of the fall.

I'm pretty sure the lines above made no sense whatsoever. But they sounded cool and looked poetic, so just wrote it. And I'm pretty sure that they wont make any sense with the topic of my current blog. Either.

So what all happened in the past few days? A lot. Or maybe not. Whatever it is, let us find out.

The 15th of august came. And went. And my friends came. And went.  Had a gala time with friends "AGAIN" :D Went to JS's house. Had fun with 3 other friends there. Lots of fun, AAMOF. And then, finally, they went back to Kota. *sigh*

As you know, I was supposed to go to IIT-KGP (came to find out that its name was IIT-KGP and not IIT-K as I had incorrectly written. IIT-K was IIT Kanpur, FYI.) So I went. But again, none of my stories can be that simple, can it? And thus, there "HAD TO BE" twists (Incidentally, one of my physics teacher's fav lines is - "Boys HAVE TO talk". Just recalled it. [Then again, if I go on describing my Physics teacher, that will be forming another colourful blog of its own. So just lets leave him this way with a footnote that he LOVES to say Random "quotes" {Any guesses whom he quotes the most???? It isnt Albert Einstien or Issac Newton. Its someone who has the potential to give out far deadlier quotes. Thats right. its my physics teacher himself.<Incidentally, the second person he quotes the most also happens to be he himself>} ]) And twists it were.

The trip was supposed to be on the 18th of this month and we had to go by bus (Only a distance of 132 km, courtesy Google maps) and return the same day. Which meant I would have been back for Friday, which incidentally, happened to be a Holiday at school. (I could bunk school only one day, but then, this also led to its own consequences)

Anyways, I got my leave sanctioned in my diary* and the other three guys who were also going with me also got their diaries signed. And, I imagined, the other 56 people going on the trip also got their respective diaries signed. (Sadly, this did not turn out to be true, mainly because of 2 reasons - a) Their school did not have the leave system and so they did not have to get the diaries signed. And b) Some of the 56 people going with us were adults(who had already finished their studies) who, I suppose, did not have diaries.)

Maybe I told or maybe I did not, but there was another team from our school who also participated in the quiz (from outside our school) but did not get high enough marks to qualify into the top 15 teams. But, on the 17th, after I had come home after getting my leave sanctioned, I got a call from HA. Here, we came to know that HA and his team(all of whom were good friends of mine) ALSO got the message, asking them if they want to come. This was simply great! Now I would also have my friends coming to IIT-KGP. And there is nothing better than having friends with you on any trip.

But, (as always, there was a big fat BUT in there [any puns unintended]) there was "one" small problem. They did not get their leave sanctioned and that, as usual, created problems of its own.(Sounds very predictable na? Everything just creating problems on their own. Thats completely MY life. Or rather OUR.[Seems to involve several other people close to me]) Now this meant either of them had to talk either the Principal of our school (Not a very good idea) or the maths ma'am who arranged it. Or they could have just gone without a leave, which (wait for it) would have led to problems of its own. But they had a better plan in mind. Or maybe not(not from my point of view [Sacrificing a goat, however noble it be, is never good from the scapegoat's point of view {They goat metaphor was just for the sake of making it. Its implication was not intended.}]) "I" (being one of her favorites) had to talk to ma'am and ask her, on behalf of the four of them, if they could also come to the trip.

And as usual, (you guessed it correctly) there was another small problem. I was on my way to my tuitions, which would have meant that it was very noisy. (Kolkata, by itself is very noisy. But a bus is Kolkata would put any Linkin Park concert to shame[in terms of its loudness]. And it would also have put any Himmesh Reshammia# song to shame[No the bus does not sing "Oooooo". Its in terms of the "noisiness" {By noisiness, I mean being out of tune. Permanently.}]) That I had no balance on my cell was another matter entirely.

So, finally, when I got off at the tuitions, I instead took a detour and got my cell recharged and headed off to a quiet place. Which happened to be just next to my tuitions. I finally called up ma'am but she said that they could not go. Which was sad. So sad that instead of going into my tuition centre, I headed off to buy a packet of chips before I finally went in.

(To be continued...[Shall be updating it when I don't have chewing gum on my hair])
_____________________________________
*In our school, we need to get a leave sanctioned in our diaries for every day we are absent from school.

# Himmesh Reshammia is an Indian singer whose every song, co-indidentally, starts AND ends with "Oooooo". And that "Ooooooo" is the best part of the song.

2 comments:

  1. Chewing gum on your hair? :P LOL :D
    You like the "Ooooooo"s of his songs? :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Yaa

    No. I never said I "like" his "Ooooo". Its just that the "Ooooo" is more tolerable than the rest of the song. Nothing else.

    ReplyDelete