Thursday, May 17, 2012

Clippets from my life

Heyyo readers,

Here are a few moments frozen through space and time, and brought out to you in a plate - An assortment of the not-so-average ones of my memories.... Hope you like it!

"Chemistry everyone can get for research but Physics and Maths are hard. You and AP must be for Maths and Physics research. Not for engineering. Engineering those boys go who do not have the capacity to learn more..."

These were the actual words of my class Chemistry teacher and my class teacher to me today. I guess the words speak for themselves. Period.
_____________________________________________________________

Language class - Prepositions

Question - I shall beat you _____ the top of the hill.

Answer 1 - "At"
Answer 2 - "With"

Period.
_____________________________________________________________

RP: "You know what is a classic moment? I was playing Led Zeppelin on the speakers in my room when my grandmother entered the room. She simply asked 'Which song is this?' and I told her it was Led Zeppelin. She closed the door after she said 'Its a good song'. Now THAT'S a classical moment "
______________________________________________________________

Today our school was visited by a few people from the High Court (Rumour has it that it was because our school was open before the vacations even though almost all other major schools in the state had been closed)

(Before the assembly started, mockingly, unknown voice) "If he (the Principal) comes out in handcuffs, I will lead the school cheer"

Period
______________________________________________________________

Computer class, Computer Lab, earlier today, from out Computer Sir:

"Boys, take out your copy and write a program (in Java) to rearrange any number in descending order without using array or any sorting algorithms"

(Fifteen minutes later)

"Submit your copies now. You two start collecting the copies from these 2 rows"

(After the collection of the copies)

(Smiling) "The program was written there on the white board right in front of you"

Colon D

AAMOF, nobody ever noticed the program written on the white board until it was told to them. Period.
_______________________________________________________________

Later in the day, as I was coming out from tuitions-

Me: (to a girl coming out of the tuitions along with me) "You were supposed to go to the MUN na? WHich MUN was it?"

"What is a MUN?"


What?

"You said na last class that you won't be attending the next Physics class since you will be at the MUN?!"

"No. I don't know what a MUN is."


Is the genuinely serious, or is she just messing with me?

Her: "Maybe it was NK"

"Wait. Aren't you NK?"

"No. I am AW."

(referring to the faces I remembered) "But aren't they the same? I remember both the faces as same"

"No. NK and AW are not the same."

And FYI there are no more than 28 awake and 1 sleeping student in our tuitions batch who have been in the same batch for about 1.5 years. And I remember almost 16 names, out of which 10 are matched correctly with their faces.

*Facepalm* Period.
________________________________________________________________

Computer class, yesterday, computer lab-

Sir- "Type the infix to prefix program that you copied in your exercise books yesterday and compile it"

Two minutes later, I had located the very same word to word (Sorry ASA) word for word program on the net and was sending the program to everyone else in the class. How?

"See. Line 13 is  System.out.println("Give an expression. Example (13+2*(8/3))");
So just go to Google and type Infix "13+2*(8/3)" You will get the exact same program there."

(AP starts rolling into laughter by now)
________________________________________________________________

A week ago, Literature class: Four boys forgot to bring their text books.

Sir: "So you did not bring your exercise books today?"

"No sir."

"What is the chapter?"

"Sir Rattrap"

"Go outside the class, make a rattrap and come!!"

What?!!!

Whats even weirder is that after thirty minutes they actually came back to the class. With a rattrap. They even demonstrated their rattrap in class. It was actually nice, and involved a principle through which the rat was catapulted in the air if it stepped on the trap

Period.
________________________________________________________________

Class orientation, one week ago:

Everyone had to speak something about themselves for two minutes.
Some excerpts-

RR: "I am the only son of my parents.... Oh no no..... I have a brother"

Me: "My name is Soni and my favorite numbers are Pi and 67"

GH: ".... my favorite memory will be when I was caught by the Chinese officials for crossing into the Chinese border when I was at Nathu La!!!"

Period
________________________________________________________________

At home with nephew:

Him : "Where will I get a Submachine gun?"

WHAT!!!!

Me : "What!?" 

"Arrey that game is saying I should kill one enemy with a submachine gun"

Oh!!

"Submachine gun is the same as SMG"

"Okay. Got it" (runs away)
_______________________________________________________________
Library period, 6 days ago:

AP forgets to bring library book, so he is standing near the library door, albeit inside the library. The rest of us were sitting in our allotted benches.

He and NC (another boy who forgot to bring the book) see there is nothing to do while standing and come to browse the library books. (The shelf where the library books are kept is so placed that its slightly away from the rest of the library - Perfect place for timepass, gossip, (or in my case) passing through the 18 cm gaps between the shelf and the wall)

Seeing the situation, I also decide to go there as I was getting bored while sitting in my place. (Even though I had issued my library book already)

Sir comes after some time "AP, what are you doing here?"

Me: "Sir searching books so that he can issue them next library class"

AP: (trying to save the situation) "Sir searching book so that I can read now (in the library period)"

Sir: "Go back now. And Soni, what are you doing here?"

"Sir searching books for AP to read"


Colon P.

Later during the same period, I was getting bored so I decided to join the boys who were standing. [FYI that place was my spot for the past two weeks due to my silent behaviour]

End of period, Sir comes: "Previously there were 3 boys standing. Now there are 6. All of you are for not having your library books?"

Them: "Yes sir"

(Sir looks behind and finds me pretending to browse through a pile of books looking for something)

"Soni what are you doing here?"

"Sir searching for books here"

"If AP comes you have to be here na?"

"No sir"

"Next day, I'll send you to the terrace of the school"

"Sure sir?"

"Yes"

"Thank You, Sir"

(I have never been to the terrace during my 5 year stay in the school)

Period

_______________________________________________________________

In another instance last year , i wanted to check whether or not Sir actually reads the reports he corrects. So I put my idea to the test.

Now my copy holds a report duly signed and ticked  by Sir, which ends in the following lines-


He is an alcoholic, but otherwise he is a very decent boy. He will surely succeed in all his future endeavours.
_______________________________________________________________

At home with sister, 8 days ago:

Sister: "Now that you have told him (nephew) the password, he will surely change the password"

Me: "Relax. No need for tension. He uses only Windows XP. I work with Windows 7. He won't even find where to change the password"

"But at home he has an entire laptop to himself. We also dont know what all he does there"

"I said na. No tension. He is still 8 years old"

Five minutes later, I go to the room where he is to check up on what he is doing at the laptop. I see that he is - wait for it - CHANGING THE PASSWORD!!!

Period.
________________________________________________________________

The words of my Physics teacher earlier today in class, after distributing the exercise books of the boys that had been submitted for correction

(Definitely pointing at me) "Some boys are there who do all the sums but whose copies are without a single sum being done in them. And they explain the sum written on the board to the other boys"

All he said was completely true.. Period.
_________________________________________________________________

This Monday, I bunked school to meet the doctor. Leave was granted after my sister went and talked to the Principal after waiting for 40 minutes for being late by 15 minutes (I told her that was going to happen). The Principal has a great impression of her, thanks to a starkly contrasting not so great impression of mine, and there wasn't a lot of problems giving the leave.

After she came home, we called up the doctor to find that the appointment had been... wait for it...... CANCELLED.

Period.
_________________________________________________________________

Since my Monday was now so free suddenly, I decided to- well- see "The Avengers"!!! :P Loved the film. It was simply great- with the action and the one-liners. Only problem was keeping pace with its fast dialogues but I managed somehow. Should have seen it in 3D though.

My favorite lines from the movie -

(Fighter jet about to shoot Hulk) "Target in sight.... Opening fire...... Target Angry! Target Angry!" (Jet goes down)

Thor: "But Loki is my brother"
Fury: "And he killed 80 people in the past 3 days"
Thor: "He was adopted"
__________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed reading them..

See you next time

Au revior!!!
The Original Soni
17th May 2012

2 comments: