Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Return of the Soni

Friends, readers, well.... readers; Lend me your ears. (Or maybe not such a good idea at that.Nobody prefers donating their ears.) I have come here to talk rubbish, and not to say anything useful. (I never bothered to find out about the lines after that, although have been quiting these lines so very often :P) [Just in case you did not get the reference, the above lines were the (slightly changed to meet the purpose of the occasion) opening lines of Mark Antony's speech in "Julius Ceaser" (the play by William Shakespeare) Act 3 Scene 2 "Friends, Romans, countrymen... "]

Finally I am back. Finally and completely. Got the time to finally start writing my post for the blog again after so many days :) Feels so nice (Not that I did not have time before, but dared not write anything because there were so many things to type. So many things have had happened these days. But then finally decided that I will start typing anyways, and see where that goes.) In the words of Shinchan Nuhara, "Welcome back" (In the background, his mother says "Welcome back nai, I'm back bolte hai Shinchan" [Translates to "Its I'm back and not welcome back"])

So. (Now that I look back now [no pun intended] , I seem to be repeating so many phrases in each and every sentence that I use. And "So" seems to be an evergreen all-time favorite. And I dont even know its intended usage, except the fact that we use it when we have nothing to say, and need to start a conversation on any topic.)

Here are some snippets of my life that happened in the past few days -

*My six year old nephew made a facebook account!!! And if you believe me, he is already addicted. (I'm sure of that.) Now he has his own fb, gmail and yahoo email ids. And his own laptop as well as a playstation. Wow!!!! It seems that the next generation has already overrun us obsolete folks. Whats more, he was asking me to open a facebook account (Now this is something you dont listen to everyday. Would have been a thing to be ashamed about had I not already had a facebook account, which was lying de-activated.) Plus, he is already reading "Khushwant Singh". Gosh!!! Some people are growing too fast, it seems.

* I had read an online book recently (although the book is still unfinished). "Harry Potter and the Methods of rationality". This book explores the possibility of what would have happened if Harry was a geek. :D Was an amazing book to read, according to me. Although the book became slightly boring in the latter half. But seriously, Loved the book. A real must read for all geeks. Especially for the Harry Potter fan geeks.



*  This is a speech by a scientist called Steven Johnson on TED. (No need for me to go into the details of TED or the scientist, I think) It talks about how ideas actually come up. He says that ideas, intead of being a "Eureka moment", develop for days, and maybe even years, before they finally come out. I totally agree with him on this very-well-rounded up lecture. (Its really a shame to call something of this magnitude a lecture. The word lecture is best suited only for the boring ones.) Do read it.

* I have been reading quite many new books and listening to new songs, and will be suggesting the same to you :) Hope that my suggestions are good for you. :)

Books suggested for today -
"The story of my experiments with truth" by Mahatma Gandhi - An amazing autobiography of an equally amazing man. To be pondered over deeply, especially for the "seekers of the truth"
"Alchemist" by Paulho Coelho - A totally amazing book that allows the reader to find himself. Has great insights, which are to be thought over deeply, and not just read to get the full essence of the book.
"Harry Potter and the method of rationality" by Less wrong (ebook) -  A complete KnockOut of a book, especially for geeks and Harry Potter fans (if you are both, this book is made for you). Contains enough scientific terms for one to keep on googling for hours.

Songs suggested for today -
"If everyone cared" by Nickelback - A great rock song with amazing lyrics and a very catchy tune.
"Wake me up when september ends" by Green Day - The best song I have ever heard. Amazing lyrics and very passionate singing as well as a great theme. Gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it. Another rock song.
"Zombie" by The Cranberries (female version) - The second best song I have ever heard. The singer really put her heart and soul in the song. Could feel the effect every time I heard it. Gives goosebumps every time I hear it.
"Trouble" by Coldplay - I simply love this band. Really great tunes, really amazing songs and still amazing lyrics. This one is a touchy one from the band.
"Love story" by Taylor Swift - Great catchy tune and great voiceover.
 (Hindi songs)
"Sadda Haq" from Rockstar - Amazing song with an equally great theme
"Teri meri yeh kahani" from Bodyguard - A softer song but is still great, especially with great voices.

* Meanwhile I have been waiting very eagerly for the movie Rockstar to release on 11/11/11. \m/ From the trailers and the songs, it will be a rocking movie about a rockstar revolutionary from soemwhere in Jammu and Kashmir. :) Am waiting for the movie to release. (Such a thing does not happen to me very often.)

Just in case you were wondering about the update to the previous chapters, it will be coming out soon. Although the probability of something of the sort actually happening, at least in the next few weeks, seems infinitesimal, which is the posh way of saying "next to zero". And the way my life goes, my life is sure to be crammed with hundreds of things so that I can never actually  do the updating. (That is, "unless" I have a time machine. Or as JK Rowling calls it, a "Time turner." But I would not be telling about my time machine in public. Therefore contact me at the.original.soni@gmail.com for a trial of the time machine#)

For your information, I went to an awesome science camp, attended many lectures and had great time. Then I prepared very hard for a science fair, but sadly failed to qualify for it. :( Then went on my school trip to Rajasthan, which turned out to be the best tour of my life. :) Yet. :) Had a lot of fun with my brothers, also learnt a lot of things (as it was an "educational trip". [Those who went in the tour would get the sarcasm intended ;) ]) and most of all, found a new myself during the tour. :) Hope to make good of my life.

And last, but definitely not not the least, my exams are over. And we have got our marks. And well about the marks..... "Aage dekhenge kya hota hai ek chote se beak ke baad" (We will see what happens after a short commercial break) ;) All I can say is "Next time se NO EARTHQUAKES BEFORE CHEMISTRY EXAMINATION"(Yup, there was an earthquake on the day before our Chemistry exam, but it was very very far away and we did not even feel the effects. But still, this was enough to divert my attention and stay glued to the news channel all night)

Thats it, I guess for tonight. Good Night, Shubh ratri, Shabbhakher and do take good care of yourself.

Cheers,
The Original Soni
18th October 2011
_______________________________________________________________________
#Offer valid only for multi-billionaires, who can spend $2 million per trip of 30 seconds each to any time on Earth in the span of 10 years.##

## Terms annd conditions apply. Taxes and additional charges apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment