Saturday, October 22, 2011

INTP et al #

:D "Khush toh bahut ho rahe hoge......"

As usual, since the past 4 days, my life has been up to many tricks and things of the sort on me. Lets just go through a "Brief History of Time" [no pun intended] till now.

Just the night I wrote this blog, there turned out to be another happening. Something so unexpected and great that I could hardly believe my eyes. Find out what it was here. :) After you have answered all the 72 questions and come back with your results, click here to see who you are. ;)

When I saw my results, I was utterly "shell-shocked". (Now I owe one of my friends HA [who told me about this] a big one. Thanks dude :D ) Among other things, the test result was a scientific confirmation of three things, which had been conjectured by many to be true-
Firstly, I am an antique piece. (Almost everyone I have ever met believes this to be true)
Secondly, I am mad. (This is said to be believed true by those who havent even met me too. Was supposed to be Euclid's sixth axiom but scrapped during the final publishing as this one was known to be universal.)
And finally, I am a genius. ;) (Now this one is slightly arguable, but Yup. This is true too :D )

A real hats-off to the two men who, for the first time since Merlin (Merlin is a legendary wizard from the Harry Potter whose name is used by wizards in a manner the word "Mary" is used by Muggles around the world. In the current context, Merlin also refers to something very very old.) [or for the Muggle readers, "since I was an Irish rat"] that somebody has understood me so comprehensively, completely and consistently. What makes it even more wonderful is the fact that I have never met these men. (As far as I can remember. No, I dont have Eidetic memory, but I still consider my memory to be very sharp. But then again, I may have been Obliviated.) And yet, all my life has been just compressed into four letters - "INTP". (Ah. Now I realize the worthlessness of explaining myself for hours to the close ones near me, when I could have said four letters and that would have been "be all and end all". Data encapsulation at its best.)

Meanwhile, my schools started after the Puja Holidays(There is a festival called Durga Puja [and another called Dusshehra which falls on the same day] {and another 9-day festival called Navratri, which again falls just around the same time} here which is quite huge, in a manner similar to what Americans might consider Easter. One that continues for 10 days. The very same period also happens to co-incide (*sigh* Yet again.) with half-yearly examinations in the country. Which means we get an extended period of 20-30 days right after our exams as Puja holidays.) for a week and then ended before the Diwali holidays, which will continue for 9 days now. (Diwali is unarguably the biggest festival of India and we have loads of fireworks in it, in short.) Its like we are continuously shifting from holidays to school and back and forth. (Wait a second. That IS the case here.) So no wonder I was still in the holiday mood (By holiday mood I mean sleeping at 5 [am not pm] and waking at 12-2 [pm]. But since this luxury of waking at 12 was not allowed on school days, I made up for it during Physics classes at school ;) {Once I even woke up during Physics class all of a sudden and asked a question to sir!! Before going to sleep again} ) this past week and hated going to school. But this was not a place where we got any choice. :| Anyways, I am glad that it is over. For now.

Meanwhile, holidays again have begun they way they should have, bringing something new to me right from the beginning. For now, I have just finished "The lost symbol" by Dan Brown yesterday [another record for me. Finished it in a night. At least most of it. I think I had done around 100-200 pages the previous night and then finished it from 8-5 {pm and am respectively ;) }. The last time it was "Angels and Demons", another one-night-stand.] The book is good, but definitely not a Dan Brown classic. I would prefer "Da Vinci Code" or "Angels and Demons" over it. The book seemed to be quite predictable and also had more than a few loose ends. But still, its final message was a blow from the blue for me, as I never expected Dan Brown to do a Paulo Coelho. Even more startingly, I had been discussing and backing the very same stand against another friend in a chat conversation recently (which, amazingly, lasted only 271 minutes {Beginning 5 am ;)}) Was good timepass btw. Hope to be starting (and ending) another book today. Only 531 pages (Any guesses on which book it is? Or will I complete it tonight? We'll find out.)

Meanwhile, i finally performed the last rites of my previous cell phone handset after an accident (namely keeping it in my pocket and allowing it to be washed in the washing machine) proved fatal for its battery and ofc, its other components too, thus silencing it forever. Or at least until someone invents a time machine. Or hands me one. [Wait a second. I've already done that. Got to work on it "NOW"] Which means that I have lost all my contacts (Very bad that I don't have eidetic memory :( ) and am trying my best to retrieve them all from all sources. And it also meant that I was phone-less for a week or so (very painful days, I must admit) before I finally got a handset.....

Meanwhile, Dad bought a BB and everyone was literally shocked at that. (My mouth would still had been open [even though it happened yesterday] had there not been so many mosquitoes around the house) What a surprise it was. But, on the bright side, I got to take his E63 until I take my own cell. (For which I am patiently and eagerly waiting and saving, FYI. So it seems the E63 will be with me for a while now. [BTW any suggestions for the new handset? Please do suggest some. Although I do have some models in mind, a few suggestions wont hurt.  Leave a comment after this post ;)])

The books for today-
* "Ways to live forever" by Sally Nichols (An amazing and quite an emotional read. A great book to pick.)
* "Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown (A complete classic. The master of all thrillers.)
* "Karl, aaj aur Kal" by Cyrus Broacha (A total laughathon. An awesome read for people of all ages.)

The songs for today-
* "Viva la vida" by Coldplay (Another of my all time favorites. Heard it only a millenia of times.)
* "Wheels" by Foo Fighters (Completely awesome)
* "Kun faya ku" from Rockstar (a softer choice in Hindi, but awesome anyways)
* Fade to black (transcribed for Piano) by Norman Vesprini. (The best piano or synth I have ever heard. Totally amazing)
* Dexter (TV series) theme song. (Totally sinister looking and freakingly catchy)
* "21 guns" by Green day. (The second of Green Day's best songs.)
* "Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams (No comments)

The movies for today (decided to add another column for the movies too :) ) -
* "Dasvidaniya" (An awesome choice for Hindi movies. A soft choice again.)
* "Inception" (A complete mind-boggling journey that takes the mind on a whirl-wind)
* "Behind Enemy lines - Colombia" (Another "food for the mind" kind of movie. Action cum thriller. Deadly!)

In the other news, my blog has now recieved exactly 199 views from 8 countries spread across 4 continents. :D Cheers!!!

Thats it for today, I guess. Do stayed glued for the next update, which, I assure you, will be soon.

Take care,
The Original Soni
22nd October 2011, 9:18 pm (IST)
___________________________________________________________________
# Note that et al is a term meaning "and others"

1 comment: