Monday, November 26, 2012

Entry 1

Sorry for the delay everyone... Just forgot about posting the stories.... Anyways, here they are - 

Disclaimer - 

These stories are just the thoughts and actions of the writer and may or may not be correct, though very likely to be the former. The reader is advised to exercise caution while reading it and have an open mind to try and understand what is written in the words, and figure out the underlying meaning behind it. Most of all, it is all about looking into yourself and truly find the meaning of life.

The writer does not take any responsibility for your ability to comprehend things, and you shall understand only what you can. These stories therefore, will only be as good as you can understand them. What the writer has written is actually very good. What depends is whether you like it or not.

All the thoughts may have inner meanings which may or may not cause insanity and/or invoke deep unheard-of thought processes in the minds of the reader.  Use caution.

ENTRY 1 – 20th September 2012.

Subtle Subtle Subtle... One word that I have been fascinated with in particular in these days. Part of it is because the word itself is quite interesting, but more so because it itself is quite Subtle. Very often we look deep into things to find out the true meaning of things. I know I have. Books, movies, people, incidents... They all have influenced me in some way or the other. One tiny weeny little push that has brought me closer to what I am today. Now. This very moment. Some pushes have been greater, others not so big. But every little thing has indeed done something or the other to bring a change in my life. In my way of thinking. In my ideologies. Every single damned thing. And believe it or not, I treasure every one of them. Even the time I fell into that nali by the side of the road, or the time when I got thrown into the dustbin. Especially those times. Why? I have frankly no idea. Maybe because it was something different – Something special.... Something not filled with the dreaded monotony of the world. Maybe it was something else. Who knows. Maybe there ought to be no reason for what I do, who I am, where I go, or what happens in my life. I am what I am, and nobody, not even me, can change that.

Hardly 10 minutes ago, I had been watching a movie – ‘Smurfs’. For those of you who wish to know, it was an animated movie. If I look at it from the critical way that I judge all movies, I don’t think it fared any better than the other movies that I always see. Predictable plotlines, Normal storyline, and the very same kiddy-cutey ingredients that make up any and every single movie that has the tiniest bit of cartoon in it [To James Cameron, if you’re reading this – No. Avatar does not contain the kiddy-cutey ingredient, but if you look into it, all the rest of the details pretty much remain the same – The sense of mystery, a world and its people different from our own, and the long overdrawn process of self realisation and looking into oneself as one gradually feels at one with those new people (Whether deliberately or otherwise is another question) and the final climax where  everything that has been done in the movie comes together for one final single showdown. So there it is. I made my point.] Back to the topic – the movie was actually very averagey normal. But I somehow liked it.  Why - I am not exactly sure (Even I don’t have all the answers to all the whys I ask.) But still, I liked it.

More importantly, I came to realise how many stories and movies of today do the very same thing- Create a story that we feel with, but is different from our own life in one crucial aspect. Then ask the pertinent questions of life and humanity, and go across on the process of self realisation with the viewer or reader. Because (s)he feels with the movie, they will actually understand the questions. But since there lies a major difference between that story and ours, we are comfortable with it. Here comes my question - Why?

Why is it that when we watch a movie that is based on someone else’s life, we understand, but if it so happens to resemble our very own story, we shy away? Why is it that we find it easier to find the answers to life, universe and everything [Not the 42 wala answer. The philosophical one re.] when we look outside and externally, than within us or internally?  [At this point some of you may claim that this does not happen to you. I agree. Fair point. But this very much does happen to me on a very large scale and I see no reason why it should or can not happen to anyone or rather, everyone else. Yet if you choose to claim it does not happen to you, I really don’t have a say in it. Your choice.]

I think that there is something inside us which stops us from looking inside, than outside. Its as if we as a human race, are designed to do that. We will go to the moon before going inside the Earth, or within our own bodies. Maybe that’s how we are. Maybe there is something more. Whatever that maybe be, one thing is for certain – We definitely will prefer to hear someone else’s story than our very own. Why, I simply don’t know. Even I do not possess all the answers to all the whys. Maybe if we look into ourselves and truly find out the answer, we just might. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment