Sunday, November 6, 2011

Something, something and something else

I think... (Universal gasps from everywhere [No guys, this time I'm seriously {more gasps} thinking {More gasps again.} Aw, leave it.]) (And no, I'm not going to say "and therefore I exist" [although it would have been a great thing to say.] Also, I prefer its Latin version "Cogito ergo sum")

Where was I? Oh, right. Thinking. So as I said, I think I finally found a role model. (Note that i make a special distinction between idol and role model. An idol will be someone like whom I would want to be [or better], regardless of whatever my decisions in life are, or the other minor characteristics of that person.The only thing that matters about the person is his/her achievement. On the other hand, a role model will be someone whose path would be the most likely path I am going to [or at least wanting to] take , when similar conditions arise in life. [AAMOF# the most likely reason one chooses a certain person as a role model because that person is very much alike to them.] Actually, its more or less the same thing, but I prefer treating them as two distinct and different things, so that I can have separate lists of both)

So my role model, or more accurately, the one person whom I most(or almost) identify with (at least for now. I am very fickle-minded, AAMOF) is......

*drumrolls*

HE is just like (a+bi)

*drumrolls*

You probably know him. Rather very well.

*drumrolls*

He's dead now. *sigh* Or rather, he was never living.

*drumrolls*

He is 113 years old and has a long white beard

*drumrolls*

No, he is not Santa Claus OR Rabindranath Tagore

*drumrolls*

a+bi means imaginary. And complex.

*drumrolls*

Finally, his name is Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian but you might know him better by his last name.....

*drumrolls*

*Flourish*

*more drumrolls*

which is.....




Dumbledore. ;)

(Unified gasps from everyone)

Yup. thats right. :) My role model is Professor Albus Dumbledore. Weird as it may sound, it is true. He is old, intelligent, has a weird sense of humour, says random quotes at any point of time, is tall (unlike Yoda), is knowledgeable, is powerful, is vulnerable in his own way, defeated the second worst Dark Lord Grimmenwald, was the only man feared by Lord Voldermont [You-know-who. {No, you-know-who is the name used for him, and not a term saying that you should be knowing him. Which, however, doesn't mean that you cannot not know him}], knew the value as well as the price of knowledge (or rather knowing) and most importantly, HE IS Albus Dumbledore. Period. Believe me, the last reason was the most powerful one. Even more powerful than an Avada Kedavra.

Right now, the one thing I am seeing in Dumbledore is his knowledge. He has a vast knowledge, and yet he does not desire it. He is the one person I have known who truly knows the meaning of the sentence "Ignorance is bliss." And that statement isn't one that is very much so felt by all. I feel it, and know what it is. I had even summed it up in two neat sentences -

"I tried to predict the road in order to cushion myself from its bumps. But then, i had lost the joy of travelling"

When you know things, things are not the same anymore. And that's why sometimes you need to just tell a person to have faith in you, and not try to help him understand the situation. Because though people like Dumbledore and Yoda (and me :) ) can help anyone immensely by making the road clear for everyone, only they themselves know what all confusion is going on in their heads- The P & Cs, the P & FLs and the various Ps.

More so, I found him full of wisdom (Mark my words, wisdom and knowledge are never the same things. Taking them the same is a cardinal sin, right next to dividing by zero.) and very very strong (emotionally and mentally that is. The person in the entire series who has suffered the most and the longest is him, for physical pain for a few seconds or minutes or hours or days or even weeks is far less than the mental agony of a lifetime.). He does not fear death and has submitted himself to fate. But sadly, he is completely helpless when it comes to change the mistakes he has previously done, for its them that he regrets the most but is unable to do anything about the past.

I could easily go on and on, but I also realize that there has to be a point where one must stop speaking and allow his own words to be realized by others (And I am way past that point ;) ) So here I stop my useless rambling.....

Or maybe not ;) Here are the few things that may or may not be happening in the current and the parallel universes (based on whether or not Schrodinger is observing me in my present, past or future.)-

* A long week is up for me (no rhyme intended). First up is a quiz, then after that is another quiz, and finally, another (Surprise! Surprise!) another quiz that I have to prepare about. And all of them will be in the matter of the next few days (more accurately, within the next 9 days, 9 hours and 21 minutes [or 11 days, 10 hours and 21 minutes, based on whether or not we qualify for the finals of the last quiz]) Which leaves a lot of preparing for me to do. Wow. Didn't really think that I would be in the quizzing circuit so rapidly. (Never imagined preparing for 3 quizzes, all at once.) Whatever it is, I am a quizzard now. :D (Now just need to replace the "QU" with a "W") Will be posting about the quizzes (that is, IF I win or do something good there.)

* The long wait is almost over. I had been waiting so long for Rockstar to release and now its almost time. Only 5 more days till Friday!!! I'm so excited!!! :D \m/ Will be awesome \m/

* I just recently came to terms with the speed of the human mind. It's really amazing. (Had something similar about 5 years back but both the times, the speed of the brain was undeniable.) Here is what happened in the span of just a few seconds. (Literally!)

I was in one of the front rows at the tuitions when there was a strange sound from the back benches. Sir asked them what it was and they said "Sound" (wishing to say that the benches they were sitting on made a sound) Sir misheard them as "Saap"(means "snake" in Hindi) and asked if there was a snake in the bench. Everyone, including me, turned immediately and after 1 second or so later, i realised that my mind had gone through a whole string of thought processes in the past 0.5 seconds while I had instinctively turned before it realised that they were actually saying "Sound". The thoughts were as follows-

"Saap! (Became overjoyed at that moment) Wow! A snake in the tuitions! Is it a rattlesnake (Immediately an image of a black King Cobra in the benches come into my mind) Where did it come from? Is it black? Is thats how a snake sounds? (Become worried) I hope that they (referring to Sir and the manager there) do not do anything to the snake (not even throwing it out somewhere) I must get to the snake before they do (A slight worry of the snake biting me)" [I really did not think at that time what exactly was I going to do when I got to the snake]

Interesting, isn't it? Whats far more interesting is the fact that all these thought processes occurred just within a time span of 0.5 seconds. (I'm 100% sure it was not more than half-a-second, for I had immediately turned on hearing the word "Saap") Thats how fast the human brain works. Awesome, isn't it? And you still call your brain dull?

* TBBT is coming to Star World from the 17th of November. (Somehow, mainly due to my cable operator, I did not get the channel where it was originally aired and so never got to see it, although I heard a lot about it.) Can't wait to see it, especially Sheldon, who, from all accounts I have heard, is the ULTIMATE GEEK. Am patiently waiting for my tryst with him :)

* Have been thinking a lot about the word "Nemesis" (Although I dont really know its meaning as of yet.) Hope to have one someday when I would love to have the fight of my life. (Figuratively, not literally. You do not expect a 40 kg kid to want to fight. Not one who gets his hand fractured when another boy falls on him.) So I would definitely want to get all the success I want in life and let fate takes it turn and allow me to graciously take my leave after the fight of my life. If my life is good enough to me, i would even have the rare priviledge to train my own nemesis. How wonderful can that be! Till then, I'll be waiting for him or her...... (One of the reasons I took Dumbledore as a role model. He knew Harry was probably better than him, and therefore decided to train Harry, rather than fighting You-know-who himself. One of the hardest and most noble things that could ever be achieved by a great person - "He accepts his defeat and the fact that someone actually is greater than him") So till then, I'll be waiting..... (All we gotta do is run. [Oh wait. thats another song for another context. Please ignore the previous line] )

* I may or may not be continuing with blogging with my fullest efforts since I suddenly came to find out that I also have some strange creature called "Studies". So, inorder to focus on my studies for a while, I may not be posting as frequently or long as previously, not until I put the rest of my life into order.

Till then,
Tckr.
Eeeennnnnjjjjjooooyyyyeee!!!!!!!
Cheers,
The Original Soni.
____________________________________________________________________
# As a matter of fact

No comments:

Post a Comment